imbookin – Where your event beginsDiscover, book, and review event locations and more. imbookin.com
- Need a unique event venue? Think retail! Hoodie Shop in LES might be up your alley. Truly funky chic location: ow.ly/kLqpU 1 week ago
- Tree Garden Restaurant in the East Village. A local favorite and a bday or personal celebration venue. Details here: ow.ly/kLpYI 1 week ago
- Isle of Capri in NYC! Italian dining at its best. Book the Private Upstairs Dining Room for your meeting or event: ow.ly/kLpL0 1 week ago
- Plannertech NYC 2013 has been announced! August 13 at Convene Center on Old Slip. More details here: ow.ly/kwGFO 2 weeks ago
- #PlannerTech 2013 in NYC is going to be rockin'! Who else is excited? plannertech.com/?ref=rt 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: booking venues
Our Blog Feature on LizKingEvents.com: Choosing A Location with Your Ideal Event Package by @imbookin
We are proud to be the “Venue Expert” contributing blogger to the LizKingEvents.com blog. Check out our latest post all about choosing your ‘ideal event package’. Guess what? There is an infographic too!!
This infographic was adapted from a post we did a while back. See the original post. Want more? Check out our last post at LKE’s blog where we discussed 7 questions to ask yourself before you begin your event location search.
Birthday parties, Office events, Christmas gatherings and more. Our lives are full of events; gatherings that bring people together to celebrate, mingle or possibly raise awareness. The most stylish events from New York and California to Miami and Milan are fashion shows. A fashion show needs careful examination; planning and defining which details are the most important. And with detail comes organization so every thing goes well. Basically before you get the big picture of a great event you must take small snapshots and perfect those first.
PROJECT HEAL an organization that works to help those struggling with eating disorders, sponsored a fashion show called Nourish a few weeks ago and the event was planned by a savvy lady named Catherine Wallin. There were great clothes, beautiful people everywhere, good music and it was overall a good time. But what goes into planning a fashion show like that? As a guest to a fabulous event one doesn’t really think about what planning goes into making it spectacular. I asked her a couple of questions about how to really plan a fashion show and got great feedback.
As I said above, when detail is essential so is organizing. There are five elements of planning a fashion show: Music, Clothes, Models, Lighting and Location.
1. There MUST be music. Unless whoever is planning the show, is an esteemed individual in the fashion industry and can get away with a silent room- music must be played. It sets and develops the entire mood, pace and tone for the event.
2. When it comes to clothes, you don’t want to have five million different looks being presented. Even established labels and designers have an overall theme to their lines at fashion shows. When deciding on pieces to present, take into account colors, textures, fabrics, and silhouettes. Make sure they are cohesive in telling a story.
3. As for models, they need to be able to work with the vibe and mood of the show. They need to be natural on the runway and not overpower the clothes they are wearing. Remember, its the clothes that are on display, the model should compliment them and display in the best light.
4. The lighting is also very important. Models look best under the right lighting; it’s as simple as that. Lighting will also affect how the clothes are displayed so make sure to use the right accents and angles testing out the various pieces and models at different points on the runway to ensure the best affects. A good tip is to also sit a different points in the audience to make sure there is no lights shining directly into the crowd to obstruct their vision… or blind them!
5. Last but most important is the location. Space is key; there needs to be a proper space for a runway, room in the back for preparation and staging for the event, comfortable seating or viewing areas for guests and space to mix and mingle before and after the event. The location is your canvas for your fashion show, make sure that it will work with the size and goals before beginning to plan your event. Don’t forget to consider all the possibilities for your fashion show as well. Not only will loft spaces work but you should consider unique locations like hotels, nightclubs, ballrooms, boats, and other activity venues. To check out some locations for your next fashion show event including seeing pictures and pricing details, visit imbookin.com.
Written by Amira Okelly
(Photo Courtesy of GlamazonDiaries.com)
Very excited we were featured this week by EventManagerBlog.com. This blog is one of the most well known in the industry and is #2 on the TOP 10 EVENT PLANNING BLOGS IN THE WORLD by PostRank. We are humbled by the review and so excited to have the support from a true leader in the industry. Check it out:
imbookin Aims to Be Your One Stop Event Booking Service
January 26, 2012 By Julius Solaris
imbookin is a new startup on the block willing to simplify the event lover pain of chasing people to book venues and meal options. RFP simplification is quite a hot event startup topic. Event marketplaces are popping everywhere. We all know…
Excited that Meetings and Conventions Magazine wrote up on us for our launch! M&C Mag is one of the leading online sources for breaking news in the industry. The feature is below and you can read the full write up at meetings-conventions.com
Imbookin.com Launches Online Group Venue Search
by Michael J. Shapiro
January 25, 2012
Pogby, a reservation system for event spaces, has completely redesigned its site, its booking engine and its back-end interface, and relaunched as imbookin.com. The online tool, which is currently in beta but is live for New York City, allows planners to search and see pricing of packages at unique event locations…
We are proud to share with you news that imbookin – the ONLY site that allows you to find and book packages at event locations – has LAUNCHED!
After tons of hours of development on a complete site redesign and building a brand new version of the booking engine and back end interface, a bunch of sleepless/late nights, and thousands of discussions on upcoming product features, imbookin.com (brought to you by the team at Pogby) is now open for bookin’!
imbookin allows you to search and see pricing of packages at unique event locations. Users can filter by date, guest count, budget, location type, privacy, amenity, and age groups as well as see how pricing varies at different times of the day. One of the teams favorite features at launch is the ability to “Create Your Event” and select multiple package types. For example, you can select an open bar package, appetizer package, dinner package and then complete your event with a minimum spend or cash bar at the end. But this is only the beginning. Currently in development is the roll out of the next set of features including map based search, location videos, user profiles and reviews, offer codes, enhanced availability management features, and more.
We built this system to solve a serious need in the community. We wanted more people to get out of their homes and offices to have events. With imbookin, folks will now be able to see how much it costs and what different types of food and beverage services they can get at all kinds of event locations.
imbookin’s main focus today is New York City, but the team is planning roll outs to new markets this year and next to cities across the US including Washington D.C., Boston, Chicago, Miami, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and more.
We urge everyone to sign up at imbookin.com so you can be the first to know about news, product updates, special promotions and upcoming events as well as earn $$$ booking credits for referring event locations that sign up and friends that book online.
Also, remember we’re in ‘beta’ so bear with us. Stay tuned and we look forward to bookin’ with you!
- The imbookin Team
For more information about imbookin and to arrange an interview, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 20, 2012
The Beta Club is an exclusive group of imbookin users. The club is currently open only to event location managers. Members of the Beta Club have full access to all merchandising and managing features, personal registration support and education, invites to special events, and top tier placement in various marketing and promotions of the new site, and much more. Membership and all perks are currently complimentary and available only to locations that sign up before Dec 20th.
Submit your guess on twitter with the hashtag #pogby for a chance to win a dinner for two at one of the Pogby venues in NYC!
Here’s some hints? -2 words, Total of 8 letters, It’s personable and actionable, Think speed and fast.
Know a venue that has space for events? Tell them to get on board asap to be part of the new channel. Sign up is quick and easy. Also free.
Pogby is honored to have Bookers who support our mission to make it easy for people to find, communicate with, and book locations for their event. In this weekly series, we want to share our supporters that are helping us transform the way events are booked.
Current Position: Owner, Social Media/Technology Event Specialist at Liz King Events
What are your three favorite types of locations for events?
Rooftops, Terraces and outdoor spaces!
Where is the most unique location you’ve event attended an event?
I once attended an outdoor wedding in the woods – with tree stumps as our chairs. Definitely unique – especially given that it rained all day!
What is the most challenging part of planning an event?
I would say the most challenging part of planning an event is keeping my events a top priority for vendors who have many other priorities.
What is your favorite food?
Noodles of any sort!
What is your favorite color?
What hobbies do you enjoy most?
Travel, blogging, photography
Soon it will be even easier to connect with Liz and learn more. Stay tuned! Pogby 2.0 is coming!
imbookin is very fortunate to have Event Space Managers who support our mission to make it easy for people to find, communicate with, and book locations for their event. In this weekly series, we want to share the space managers that are helping us transform the way events are booked.
Current Position: Events Manager at Top of the Garden
What is your favorite part of being involved with managing events?
Meeting new clients, winning them over, building relationships, signing contracts, being efficient, going a step above and beyond, moods of the room with lighting, seeing people happy at what I helped create OR what they created in my space. Learning every day that we do not have typical days. Solving problems and purchasing cool furniture for the space.
Where are your favorite types of events to have at your location?
So many to choose from! Product Launches, Photo Shoots, 40th & 50th Birthday Parties, Weddings, Cocktail Parties.
What is the most challenging part of your job?
Working in a budget that is not realistic, and telling people NO.
What is your favorite food?
Way too many to name!
What is your favorite color?
Its a tie! Blue and Purple.
What hobbies do you enjoy most?
My horses, gardening, cooking, lounging, photography, dogs.
Soon it will be even easier to connect with Ashley and book Top of the Garden. imbookin is coming! Stay tuned!