imbookin – Where your event beginsDiscover, book, and review event locations and more. imbookin.com
- Need a unique event venue? Think retail! Hoodie Shop in LES might be up your alley. Truly funky chic location: ow.ly/kLqpU 2 weeks ago
- Tree Garden Restaurant in the East Village. A local favorite and a bday or personal celebration venue. Details here: ow.ly/kLpYI 2 weeks ago
- Isle of Capri in NYC! Italian dining at its best. Book the Private Upstairs Dining Room for your meeting or event: ow.ly/kLpL0 2 weeks ago
- Plannertech NYC 2013 has been announced! August 13 at Convene Center on Old Slip. More details here: ow.ly/kwGFO 3 weeks ago
- #PlannerTech 2013 in NYC is going to be rockin'! Who else is excited? plannertech.com/?ref=rt 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: venue rental
Our Blog Feature on LizKingEvents.com: Choosing A Location with Your Ideal Event Package by @imbookin
We are proud to be the “Venue Expert” contributing blogger to the LizKingEvents.com blog. Check out our latest post all about choosing your ‘ideal event package’. Guess what? There is an infographic too!!
This infographic was adapted from a post we did a while back. See the original post. Want more? Check out our last post at LKE’s blog where we discussed 7 questions to ask yourself before you begin your event location search.
Birthday parties, Office events, Christmas gatherings and more. Our lives are full of events; gatherings that bring people together to celebrate, mingle or possibly raise awareness. The most stylish events from New York and California to Miami and Milan are fashion shows. A fashion show needs careful examination; planning and defining which details are the most important. And with detail comes organization so every thing goes well. Basically before you get the big picture of a great event you must take small snapshots and perfect those first.
PROJECT HEAL an organization that works to help those struggling with eating disorders, sponsored a fashion show called Nourish a few weeks ago and the event was planned by a savvy lady named Catherine Wallin. There were great clothes, beautiful people everywhere, good music and it was overall a good time. But what goes into planning a fashion show like that? As a guest to a fabulous event one doesn’t really think about what planning goes into making it spectacular. I asked her a couple of questions about how to really plan a fashion show and got great feedback.
As I said above, when detail is essential so is organizing. There are five elements of planning a fashion show: Music, Clothes, Models, Lighting and Location.
1. There MUST be music. Unless whoever is planning the show, is an esteemed individual in the fashion industry and can get away with a silent room- music must be played. It sets and develops the entire mood, pace and tone for the event.
2. When it comes to clothes, you don’t want to have five million different looks being presented. Even established labels and designers have an overall theme to their lines at fashion shows. When deciding on pieces to present, take into account colors, textures, fabrics, and silhouettes. Make sure they are cohesive in telling a story.
3. As for models, they need to be able to work with the vibe and mood of the show. They need to be natural on the runway and not overpower the clothes they are wearing. Remember, its the clothes that are on display, the model should compliment them and display in the best light.
4. The lighting is also very important. Models look best under the right lighting; it’s as simple as that. Lighting will also affect how the clothes are displayed so make sure to use the right accents and angles testing out the various pieces and models at different points on the runway to ensure the best affects. A good tip is to also sit a different points in the audience to make sure there is no lights shining directly into the crowd to obstruct their vision… or blind them!
5. Last but most important is the location. Space is key; there needs to be a proper space for a runway, room in the back for preparation and staging for the event, comfortable seating or viewing areas for guests and space to mix and mingle before and after the event. The location is your canvas for your fashion show, make sure that it will work with the size and goals before beginning to plan your event. Don’t forget to consider all the possibilities for your fashion show as well. Not only will loft spaces work but you should consider unique locations like hotels, nightclubs, ballrooms, boats, and other activity venues. To check out some locations for your next fashion show event including seeing pictures and pricing details, visit imbookin.com.
Written by Amira Okelly
(Photo Courtesy of GlamazonDiaries.com)
Submit your guess on twitter with the hashtag #pogby for a chance to win a dinner for two at one of the Pogby venues in NYC!
Here’s some hints? -2 words, Total of 8 letters, It’s personable and actionable, Think speed and fast.
Know a venue that has space for events? Tell them to get on board asap to be part of the new channel. Sign up is quick and easy. Also free.
Pogby is honored to have Bookers who support our mission to make it easy for people to find, communicate with, and book locations for their event. In this weekly series, we want to share our supporters that are helping us transform the way events are booked.
Current Position: Owner, Social Media/Technology Event Specialist at Liz King Events
What are your three favorite types of locations for events?
Rooftops, Terraces and outdoor spaces!
Where is the most unique location you’ve event attended an event?
I once attended an outdoor wedding in the woods – with tree stumps as our chairs. Definitely unique – especially given that it rained all day!
What is the most challenging part of planning an event?
I would say the most challenging part of planning an event is keeping my events a top priority for vendors who have many other priorities.
What is your favorite food?
Noodles of any sort!
What is your favorite color?
What hobbies do you enjoy most?
Travel, blogging, photography
Soon it will be even easier to connect with Liz and learn more. Stay tuned! Pogby 2.0 is coming!
imbookin is very fortunate to have Event Space Managers who support our mission to make it easy for people to find, communicate with, and book locations for their event. In this weekly series, we want to share the space managers that are helping us transform the way events are booked.
Current Position: Events Manager at Top of the Garden
What is your favorite part of being involved with managing events?
Meeting new clients, winning them over, building relationships, signing contracts, being efficient, going a step above and beyond, moods of the room with lighting, seeing people happy at what I helped create OR what they created in my space. Learning every day that we do not have typical days. Solving problems and purchasing cool furniture for the space.
Where are your favorite types of events to have at your location?
So many to choose from! Product Launches, Photo Shoots, 40th & 50th Birthday Parties, Weddings, Cocktail Parties.
What is the most challenging part of your job?
Working in a budget that is not realistic, and telling people NO.
What is your favorite food?
Way too many to name!
What is your favorite color?
Its a tie! Blue and Purple.
What hobbies do you enjoy most?
My horses, gardening, cooking, lounging, photography, dogs.
Soon it will be even easier to connect with Ashley and book Top of the Garden. imbookin is coming! Stay tuned!
We are working hard at Pogby to bring you Pogby 2.0. Here is a sneak peak at what to expect…
Sign up at Pogby.com to get Listed and get Early Access.
Coming in Q4 2011 is the launch of the new Pogby.com – Pogby 2.0 as we like to call it. Expect a whole new look, feel, and experience. In fact, you can expect a new name! What does this mean for you?
For our founding venue members, you will get early access to check it out, test it out, and contribute to features and functionality that make it easy to sell and manage your event spaces and packages – as key partners of ours, we will listen carefully to your needs. Your information will automatically be transferred over by our support team, so just sit back and relax. We will let you know when your information is ready to be viewed and when you can start merchandising. Not to mention, but our founding venues will receive a few other perks including being the first to get promoted in the new marketplace and a whole bunch more.
For bookers, we know what you want – An easier way to discover and book locations and packages for your events. The new Pogby system will have amazing search features to help you narrow down and compare your options, see upfront costs and policies, and checkout who you will be working with and what others say about the location and packages as well. As with all good things, this is definitely worth waiting for. For those that can’t wait, make sure to sign up for an invite to get early access!
For new venues, you gotta get involved asap. The Venue Marketplace is THE place to promote and sell your event offerings. Never before have you been able to reach more planners, market your offerings and manage your spaces online like this. With Pogby you will have the tools available for FREE to grow your business. All new venues must qualify to be listed in the marketplace. Join today in less than 3 minutes and be part of the next big thing to hit the events and meetings industry.
We truly believe what were doing is going to make a huge, positive impact to the industry and happy to have all of our supporters out there helping us turn our dream into a reality. Lets get bookin’!
- The Pogby Team
Traditionally finding a location for a private event or meeting is a time consuming process. Now with the new online search from Pogby, finding a location, seeing how much it costs, and determining if its available for your next private event and/or meeting can be done from the comfort of your own computer. No more wasting time trying to search through directory listings or sending out calls and emails into outer space.
- NYCgo.com is the official site of NYC&Co, the New York City Convention Bureau which is the largest convention bureau in the United States. The online search for private events and venues is accessible on nycgo.com through their Meeting Planners page.
- VenuesOnline.com is part of the Red 7 Media / Best Events family, formerly AgendaOnline. Planners can access the search tool directly from the Venuesonline.com homepage.
Searching for your next private event or meeting venue can be narrowed down by the following components:
- Capacity - One of the key details of any event is how many guests which you will normally ha. Its important to start your search with capacity as you will normally have an idea of the number of guests you will expect so drilling down to only those venues that are of appropriate size.
- Package Type – Depending on the type of event you are having there are specific package types that will apply. Package types include space rentals, minimum guarantees, beverage packages, cocktail receptions, fixed price meals/banquets, meeting packages, and specialty packages (ie. wedding, etc.). For more details on specifics of packages and what events they can apply to please check back for next week’s post on blogby.
- Venue Type – Locations for private events and meetings does not have to be limited to just restaurants and hotels. Unique locations to hold your next event or meeting will not only make it a more memorable occasion but will help to increase attendance and guest count. For your next event, consider all the possibilities of venues – Restaurants, Bars/Lounges, Hotels, Loft Spaces, Independent Event Spaces, Retail Spaces, Rooftops/Outdoor Spaces, Ballrooms, Art Galleries, Museums/Cultural Institutions, Activity Venues (bowling alleys, arenas, zoos, botanical gardens, boats/yachts, etc) and more. For a complete listing of all venues available to book online by venue type – check out the Pogby Venue Directory.
- Neighborhood – Currently available only for New York City, searching by neighborhood allows you to key in to locations that are most convenient for you and your guests.
Still can’t find what you are looking for? The Pogby Concierge is here to help through LIVE CHAT, Email and Phone Support. Visit pogby.com for more details.
In the coming months Pogby will be ramping up the search capabilities so that planners will be able to search by even more factors including availability, price, and amenities. Please stay tuned for news on future enhancements. Sign up to receive updates on Pogby.com.
Pogby is dedicated to enhancing the community of planners and venues and are always listening to feedback from the industry. Our focus is to make the online booking of private events and meetings as simple and most efficient as possible. We are all about getting people out of their homes and offices and into some great and new locations for private events and meetings. Submit feedback to us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or online here.
Venues interested in being involved and reaching more people online through Pogby, check out more information here. To get started today, visit our online registration. Special FREE TRIAL OFFER available. Contact us at email@example.com to find out more information.
One of the most famous avenues in New York City is Restaurant Row. On this famous avenue sits B. Smith’s, a well known traditional american restaurant with a southern kick added to most of their dishes. Located on West 46th Street, the near by attractions are endless and with good reason too. Just blocks away from the heart of Time Square and positioned in the Theatre District, B. Smith’s understands the fast-pace style of New York by getting you to all of your favorite destinations on time, as well as the relaxed style of the south providing the time needed to enjoy a great meal. The restaurant itself is as versatile as the dishes they serve. With private events able to be held at the Front Bar, the Intimate Dining Room, the Upper Level, as well as Full Restaurant Buy-Outs, B. Smith’s can accommodate all occasions and party goers alike. Now with pricing and availability online through imbookin.
Great for a casual cocktail party or post-performance drinks with friends, the front bar is always fully stocked and is a warm welcoming area to chit-chat amongst guests over the previously seen show. The Front Bar area of B. Smith’s can hold up to 50 guests and is a great space to relax with co-workers after a long day at the office or bring friends together to network. The beautiful elevated wooden bar area keeps you right in the thick of things, yet eliminates the constant maneuvering from incoming patrons, satisfied exiting customers and fast moving waiters. Planning a more private event is easy at B. Smiths with their Intimate Dining Room which can hold up to 25 guests. Located in the rear of the restaurant, this semi-private dining room is perfect for special celebrations such as anniversaries and graduations but also great for corporate events and dinners.
B. Smiths is also able to accommodate larger parties. The Upper Level space is available to be rented out and fit up to 125 people standing. Over looking the entire restaurant, the upper level will feel like an entirely different restaurant but you can rest assured it has the same great taste B. Smith’s is known for. If you are holding an even larger event or meeting, 215 people are easily accomodated in the Entire Restaurant giving plenty of room to mix, mingle and dance the night away.
Hosting private events for up to 215 of your closest friends and family, B. Smith’s will make you feel right at home… in the heart of New York City.
For more details on the private events spaces at the B. Smith’s including pricing and availability for events, click here.
Book your event. Today
(Contributing Writer, Kevin Ginty)
The Center for Architecture in Greenwich Village is the exactly the type of venue that planners online are looking for – unique and versatile. Not always thought of for a variety of private events, the Center for Architecture has three beautiful spaces which are constantly changing due to the different exhibitions that are being held. One minute the space can be green and white with different paintings hanging, the next they can be blue and yellow helping the models really pop out of the wall. This is one of the many qualities that make the Center for Architecture such a great venue for private events as well as a perfect fit with imbookin’s main goal, providing a fast easy/way to find different and new venues to have your next private event or meeting – Now available for booking online.
The Center for Architecture is easily set-up for all conference and meeting needs. A projection screen drops down in both of the main spaces, the Gerald D. Hines Gallery and the Edgar A. Tafel Hall. Not as tech savvy as you need to be? A CFA employee is able to to help with all A/V equipment and maintenance. Podiums, microphones and video recordings are also available through the Center for Architecture.
Street level and ceiling to floor windows gives the Gerald D. Hines space a great source of natural light. Able to fit up to 100 for a standing reception and 50 people seated, the space is great for all events. Restrooms are located on the same floor and the front desk area can be used as a coat check in these still frosty months. Using the elevator, or decending down the staircase leads into the mezzanine area of the Edgar A. Tafel Hall. The mezzanine area is the perfect spot to overlook the crowd below as well as prime viewing location for the the drop down projection screen. With multi-level aspects, the space gives great equal viewing opportunities to all of your guests. Additional seating is available as well on the main room level allowing a combined total of 150 people to fit comfortable, all with a great view of the presentation. Removing the chairs, the Edgar A. Tafel Hall, maxing out at 267 guests, is great for a cocktail reception with co-workers or a family get together. Appetizers and refreshments have a place to stay during your event in the Center for Architectures kitchen, located on the same floor.
Journeying back to the street level floor, adjacent to the Hines Gallery is the CFA’s Library/ Common Room. Sometimes used as additional space for larger events, the Library holds 40 people and is more commonly used for business meetings and conferences. With Internet capability and a beautiful work table, this space has all the necessary tools to get your work finished correctly and promptly. The closed in space with glass doors eliminates outside distractions, while not feeling claustrophobic during the time you spend inside.
The Center for Architecture is perfect for but not limited to just business or corporate events. Located in Greenwich Village, the CFA building is accessible from the A,B,C,D,E,F,V or 6 lines and is within walking distance from Washington Square Park and the iconic Washington Square Arch. Be sure to check out imbookin for all package pricing including special rates for non-profit companies.
For more details on the private events spaces at the Center for Architecture, click here. Book your event. Today
(Kevin Ginty, Contributing Writer)